WANT TO WORK IN AUSTRALIA?
There are a range of temporary and permanent skilled visas available for skilled workers interested in working in Australia. Our team can help you choose the right visa for your needs and situation, guide you through the application process and give you the best chance of successfully acquiring your visa.
SKILLED MIGRANT VISAS
If you have skills that match the Australian skills shortage list, a Skilled Migrant Visa may be suitable. To be eligible for these types of visa, you must meet basic requirements listed below. Successful applicants are able to live, work and study in Australia.
There are three sub classes within this visa category:
- Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189)
- Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190)
- Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 489) will be replaced by subclass 491 on 16th November 2019
The application process involves the following steps:
- Obtain a positive skill assessment for your nominated occupation
- Lodge Expression of Interest (EOI)
- If you have applied for a subclass 190 or 489 the State or Territory processes your nomination
- The Department of Home Affairs invites you to lodge a visa application
- Lodge visa application
To qualify you must:
- be aged from 18 to below 45
- meet the Competent English requirement
- nominate an occupation on the relevant occupation list
- complete a positive skill assessment
- meet the points test of at least 65 points
- meet health and character requirements
SKILLED INDEPENDENT VISA (SUBCLASS 189)
If you have skills that are in shortage in Australia, the Skilled Independent visa offers permanent residency with no sponsor required. Since this visa is designed to fill skill shortage areas, you will need to nominate an occupation on the relevant skilled occupation list and pass a points test.
SKILLED NOMINATED VISA (SUBCLASS 190)
This visa is the same as the subclass 189 but is nominated by an Australian State or Territory. Additional criteria for this visa include meeting the State or Territory requirements such as a nomination for an occupation on the relevant skilled occupation list.
SKILLED REGIONAL (PROVISIONAL) VISA (SUBCLASS 489) will be replaced by new Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa (SUBCLASS 491)
Numerous benefits of this visa outlined below:-
- Priority processing of regional applications
- Incentives for migrants to stay in regional areas longer term as they build ties through workforce and community participation
- More points available to subclass 491 visa applicants
- Broader range of occupations available than non-regional pathways
- Expanded and consistent classification of regional areas
SKILLED RECOGNISED GRADUATE VISA (SUBCLASS 476)
If you are a recent engineering graduate of a recognized institution, you may be eligible to gain up to 18 months work experience in Australia on a Skilled Recognised Graduate visa.
To apply you must:
- be 18 years or older and under 31 years old
- have completed an engineering degree within the last two years
- meet the Competent English requirement
- meet the health and character requirements
TEMPORARY GRADUATE VISA (SUBCLASS 485)
The Temporary Graduate visa is designed to allow international students to live and work in Australia from 18 months to four years depending on individual circumstances.
This type of visa has two streams:
- Graduate Work Stream: you must have an Australian qualification for an occupation on the Skilled Occupation List (SOL), be aged from 18 to 50, have competent English, and meet the Australian study requirement.
- Post-Study Work Stream: you must have an Australian qualification for an occupation on the Skilled Occupation List (SOL), be aged 18 and below 50, have had your first student visa granted after 5 November 2011, and have competent English. Your visa length will depend on course – two years for Bachelor or Masters (coursework), three years for Masters (research), and four years for PhD.
To find out which visa is best suited to your needs contact our Kangaroo Land Migration Services team using the form below or call us on +61 733030355 | +61 411989028. We will personally help you through every step of the process for an efficient application that gives you the best chance of acceptance.